On 1 April 1975, the institution became a university and changed its name to University Teknologi Malaysia. Subsequently, UTM moved to a new campus in Johor Bahru. The works began in 1978 and finished in September 1985.
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) is now a research graduate-focused driven by innovation. Situated both in Kuala Lumpur, and Johor Bahru, the southern city in Iskandar Malaysia. The first campus is 38 hectares and the second campus is built on an 1148 hectare piece.
UTM has been awarded numerous awards and achievements and below are some recent ones :
- 2017/2018 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings
- 2017 Times Higher Education World University Ranking (Asia)
- 2017 QS World University Rankings by Faculty / Subject
- 2017 University Ranking by Azademic Performance
- 2017 US News Best Global Universities
- 2017 Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects
- 2017 NTU Ranking by Subjects
- 2016 Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings
- 2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities
- 5 CWTS Leiden Ranking
- Ranking Web of World
Webmeotric of the year 2017
- 3-Star ASEAN Energy Management Gold Standard Certification