Master of Science (Forensic Science) Mixed Mode Programme is offered to produce more forensic professionals to meet the demand of forensic science practitioners and law enforcement agencies.
Based on inputs from key stake holders, forensic practitioners, academics and stringent benchmarking against renowned forensic science institutions both locally and internationally, this programme has been designed to allow prospective candidates to specialise into either forensic chemistry or forensic biology.
The programme will equip prospective candidates with current knowledge, techniques and essential skills in forensic science which will be assimilated through well-designed theoretical and practical sessions. It also serves as a platform for prospective candidates to pursue PhD in forensic science.
Compulsory Core Courses (13 units)
- Fundamental of Forensic Science
- Professional Skills in Forensic Science
- Techniques and Applications for Forensic Science
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
Specialised Core Courses (7 units)
1. Forensic Biology
- Forensic Biology & DNA Profiling
- Genetics & Development OR Advanced Biochemistry
2. Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Chemistry
- Physical Evidence & Fire Scene Evidence OR Forensic Drug Chemistry & Toxicology
Research Project (20 units)
- Research in Forensic Science is vital for advancing the body of knowledge and elevating the status of the profession.
- The student will conduct a research project, prepare a written report, and present the results of the research.