The Master of Science (Clinical Exercise Science) prepares you for a wide range of clinical (patient-focused) and non-clinical health career opportunities. The objective of this Masters program is in line with the vision of The Ministry of Health Malaysia to reduce the rate of non communicable health issues via a more innovative and effective approaches.
As a graduate of this versatile postgraduate program, you will be prepared to work along side with other health practitioners in the prevention and management of chronic disease and conditions. In addition, you will also be prepared to work with the sporting community such as fitness and sports rehabilitation.
The curriculum for the Master of Science (Clinical Exercise Science) program is mainly designed based on criteria set out by International accreditation bodies such as Exercise Sport Science Australia (ESSA) and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). It is further complemented by emphasizing the theory to practice approach in all of the courses within this program. This is to ensure the graduates be able to perform their duties more effectively.
- Pathophysiology of non-communicable diseases and obesity.
- Nutrition in health & disease
- Applied psychology
- Applied exercise physiology
- Principles of exercise testing and prescription
- Professional and research skills
- Perspectives and practice in health promotion
- Clinical exercise physiology
- Excercise programming for clinical populations
- Health psychology
- Injuries and rehabilitation