The objectives of this programme are to equip postgraduates with a solid foundation in the field of applied geophysics; the ability to relate various Geoscience disciplines, concepts and practices; the capability to translate their knowledge and skills into practice; and the skills and motivation to pursue a doctoral programme.
The programme consists of 40 units of the following four core courses, three elective courses and one compulsory research project.
- Potential Field Exploration Methods (core – 4 units)
- Seismic Interpretation (core – 4 units)
- Geoenvironmental Issues (elective – 2 units)
- Formation Evaluation (core – 4 units)
- Remote Sensing Applications (core – 4 units)
- Engineering Geoscience (elective – 2 units)
- Petroleum Geoscience (elective – 2 units)
- Research Project (compulsory – 20 units)