The exit examination for Master of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of IIUM will be a common examination
set by the Conjoint Board of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, a subcommittee of National Conjoint
Board Subspecialty training. The programme is divided into two phases – Phase I and Phase II.
Candidates must pass both phases to be conferred the degree.
- Learning the fundamentals in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with emphasis on basic surgical skills in O & G, ethic and professional development.
- Learning basic Obstetrics and Gynaecology with emphasis on basic surgical skill in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- One elective posting for 6 months in other clinical departments: Surgery or Anaesthesiology.
- Learning advanced aspect of O&G eg: sub specialties, gynae-oncology, “feto-maternal medicine”, uro-gynaecology and infertility. This is done as a rotation posting.
- Learning to function as a specialist in obstetrics & gynaecology