- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- The student will be required to attend seminars in the research area.
- The student will be required to present and defend his/her research proposal at the end of his/her first quarter of study.
- The student is required to submit monthly progress reports to his/her supervisor. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the student on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of his/her research, the student will present and defend his/her thesis.
- Construction of physical infrastructure facilities
- Rural and low-cost housing
- Small and medium industrial buildings
- Appropriate foundation design
- Ground improvement methods
- Slope stabilization
Highway and Pavement Engineering
- Development of new materials
- New techniques in design
- Advanced concrete technology
- Design problems for structures
- Modelling of structures
Water Resources Engineering
- Analysis and modelling of hydraulic and hydrological systems
- River and estuary studies and flood control
- Surface and ground water quality modelling