- Students must display an independent approach towards their work, but they will be guided in a research project by an appointed supervisor.
- Students are expected to attend seminars and specific lectures in the research area.
- Students are required to present and defend their research proposal at the end of their first quarter of study.
- Students are required to submit monthly progress reports to their supervisor. Periodic consultation will be arranged by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the students on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of their research, students will present and defend their thesis.