ABOUT FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE
The IMU Foundation in Science gives students a proper grounding for a science-related degree, especially in the areas of medicine and health sciences.
The curriculum is designed to stimulate critical thinking and build a life-long love for science via interactive workshops, seminars, experiments or lectures by visiting professors from IMU’s renowned partner universities.
Students will not only learn the fundamental scientific principles and skillsets, they will also be motivated to explore their interests in a particular field of science to help them choose the pathway leading to their career choice.
Subject to specific entry requirement, students who successfully complete the Foundation in Science programme will be able to gain entry into IMU or other Malaysian universities as it is a MQA accredited programme.
The IMU Foundation in Science programme has 3 start dates across the year so you can choose the time frame that is most suitable for you.
- Biology 1
- Chemistry 1
- Mathematics 1
- English for Academic Purposes
- Computing Studies
- Biology 2
- Chemistry 2
- Mathematics 2
- English for Healthcare Professionals
- Physics for Health Sciences
- Biology 3
- Thinking Skills
- Cross Boundary Studies
- Plus any TWO of the following four options*:
1) Chemistry 3
3) Application of Statistics
4) Psychology in Healthcare* Your two optional subjects are key to success in your proposed undergraduate course and should be chosen accordingly and as advised by your academic mentors.