This Programme includes research on various fields. The fields offered are as followed:-
Research Thrust Areas:
Study on Mangrove Ecosystems
- Research on various aspects of the dynamics operating in this complex ecosystem such as biological productivity, estuarine hydrodynamics and nutrient fluxes.
Marine Pollution and Toxicology
- Research on the behaviour of environmental pollutants in the estuarine and coastal waters, and their effects on physiological status of marine organisms
- Research on marine aquaculture of fish, seaweed, mollusk and crustacean for sustainability.
Coral Reef Ecosystem
- Research in monitoring, understanding and restoring coral reefs from the microbiology and genetics aspects and also reef processes and the effects of natural and man-made influences on the health and conservation of coral reefs.
Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Research in the management of the coast using an integrated approach, regarding all aspects of the coastal zone, including geographical and political boundaries, in an attempt to achieve sustainability.
- Research in marine biodiversity, impacts and adaptation to climate change, water quality and ecosystem health.
- Research in the theory and practice of ecological networks to conserve biodiversity; sustainable utilization and conservation of flora and fauna; biodiversity change and sustainable development
Expertise available in the following Centre:
Centre For Marine And Coastal Studies