Ph.D in Islamic Banking and Finance (PIBF) is awarded to graduates for a meaningful completion of doctoral research that advances the theory and principles of Islamic Banking and Finance from inter-disciplinary perspectives. Upon completion of a multi-disciplinary doctoral programme, the graduate is expected to undertake independent research and contribute to quality publications in their field of expertise.
- Fiqh Muamalat in Islamic Banking and Finance
- Islamic Banking and Finance Law
- Performance and Efficiency of Islamic Banks and Takaful
- Economics Policy and Analysis of Islamic Banking and Finance
- Regulatory and Governance
- Takaful and Re-Takaful
- Investment Banking
- Islamic Wealth Management
- Islamic Capital Market
- Islamic Micro-Credit and Micro-Financing
- Corporate and Shari’ah Governance for Islamic Banking and Finance
- Risk Management
Ph. D Thesis
Upon registration as a doctoral student, the student is expected to prepare and submit thesis proposal for defense with the guidance of the thesis advisory committee within the prescribed period. Upon successful defense, the doctoral student is now a candidate to undertake and complete the research for final submission for viva voce’ to be examined by both internal and external examiners.