Areas of study
- Computing for engineers
- Mathematics for engineering
- Engineering design A: lighter, faster, stronger
- Engineering design B: cleaner, safer, smarter
- Design C: engineering mobile applications
General Studies Unit
- Leadership and Innovation
Select two units from:
- Chemistry I advanced
- Physics for engineering
- Mechanics of fluids (level two)
- Telecommunications (level two)
- Digital systems (level two)
- Introduction to Systems Engineering (level two)
- Discrete mathematics for computer science
- Introduction to algorithms and programming
The common first year lays a foundation in the basic sciences of mathematics, physics and chemistry and introduces the disciplines available to you for further study. You will learn to apply your developing maths and science knowledge to real-life problems and begin to understand the interaction between engineering and society.
Depending on academic performance and quotas, you can pursue a specific discipline from your second year of study.
Monash Malaysia campus students must undergo training in an industrial-based environment after their third year of study, as required by the Board of Engineers Malaysia’s Engineering Accreditation Council. After the 12-week training, students must submit a written report, detailing your work experience.