Bachelor of Science In Geology
- The goals of B.Sc. in Geology program are to:
- Produce graduates with solid foundation in geosciences and with the ability to apply this knowledge in the practice of various fields related to geoscience.
- Produce graduates skilful in commonly used geoscience techniques and with the ability to design and implement research in geoscience and related fields.
- Produce graduates who are qualified, knowledgeable and possess appropriate skills to serve earth-resource based industries and capable of developing and implementing projects involving earth material.
- Produce graduates in the field of geoscience that are able to advance their studies in:
- postgraduate degree in geoscience in any institution of higher learning locally or abroad.
- professional certificate in geoscience locally and abroad.
Program Core Courses
- Introduction to the Earth
- Earth surface processes
- Structures and Geological Maps
- Basic mineralogy
- Introduction to Minerals, Rocks and Fossils
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Structural Geology I
- Geology Field Course
- Basic Paleontology
- Introduction to Geophysics
- Geology of Malaysia
- Quaternary Geology
- Economic Geology
- Geological Hazards
- Research Project