Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor Of Surgery
The five-year medical programme that you are just beginning is known as the University of Malaya Medical Programme, abbreviated UMMP.
Prof. Dr Adeeba Kamarulzaman is the overall Chair of the UMMP while Profesor Yang Faridah Binti Abdul Aziz is the Deputy Dean of Undergraduate. Prof Dr. Jamunarani S.Vadivelu is the Head of Medical Education Unit
At the end of 5 years, students shall be able to:
- interpret medical knowledge, concepts and principles in a safe, effective and evidence-based manner.
- demonstrate appropriate competent practical and clinical skills in diagnosis and patient management.
- engage patients and their families in making health related decisions using suitable social skills with empathy, respect and sensitivity.
- model professional values, attitudes and ethical behaviour in medical practice.
- communicate effectively with patients, family, colleagues and the broader community either as a collaborative team member or a leader.
- critically evaluate current knowledge and technology to solve healthcare/medical problems in a creative scientific manner.
- integrate medical informatics efficiently to engage in lifelong learning and continuing professional development.
- develop community public health programmes using resources and entrepreneurial skills to enhance population health.