Programme Learning Outcomes
This programme is structured to produce graduates who should be able to:
- Identify, classify, record, summarize and report the socioeconomic environment which influences organizations.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with approved accounting standards for organizations and simple-structured entities.
- Provide financial and non-financial information in helping the management to make business and organization’s decisions including setting up business.
- Interpret and evaluate both financial and non-financial information for decision making.
- Utilize and evaluate the technology and information system in achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Prepare tax returns and provide consultation in taxation related-matters to individuals and typical business entities.
- Perform audits for non-complex entities by utilizing the suitable technology.
- Think critically in applying knowledge and proposing solutions in regard to accounting issues.
- Integrate business and other management applications according to the core basic accounting competencies.
- Work collaboratively in a management team.
- Communicate effectively may it be oral or writing with various stakeholders.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with professional etiquette and social responsibility.
- Display commitment in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Exhibit leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
By possessing the knowledge and skills gained from this programme, graduates will be able to fulfill the job market’s needs and requirements, may it be the private or public sector. Among the career opportunities are:
- Accountant/ Certified auditor